Sunday 25 July 2010

Blacksessories

Excuse the cheesy headline. Yesterday I went into Sol to see if I could find a few bits and pieces for my Bali trip. Unfortunately everything in the shops was either sales leftovers in huge sizes or the new winter collection. Still, I managed to pick up a couple of longer-term staples, one of them being a watch. I haven't worn a watch for years, they irritate me and being able to constantly check to time on my wrist does nothing for my already slighty highly-strung nature, a couple of posts ago I even banged on about how wearing a watch allowed people to judge you and salesmen to decide how to pitch at you - and then there was my bucket list post where I admitted to coveting a vintage gold Rolex. Watch issues! But yesterday, in El Corté Inglés I kind of fell in love with a tiny black watch from Agatha. I think the reason I like it is that it was just so tiny and cute and simple that it didn't feel like a watch and was more like an elegant little piece of costume jewellery (photo above, which doesn't really do i justice) that would go with everything I wear.

After the watch purchase I was in the mood for more black accessories so I went to my lovely Hakei and picked up this belt :-)


Continuing the theme of black, at my yoga group dinner yesterday I teamed both of the above items with a black strapless dress I bought years ago at Adolfo Dominguez and I found a black Coccinelle bag at the back of my wardrobe that I hadn't worn for years as I thought the strap made it look old fashioned - it had never ocurred to me before to tuck the strap in and turn it into a clutch. Voila! New bag for $000


Ok, enough shallow ramblings about my cool accessories ;P I have to pay homage to the members of my yoga class for yesterday, one of them is an excellent chef  and together with a couple of the students had prepared the most delicious summery meal for us - cold soups - salmorejo (a kind of thick gazpacho) and ajo blanco (almond soup with a touch of garlic) followed by an octopus and lime leaf bulghur wheat salad, Japanese marinated tuna, juicy ribs, then organic raspberryies and muffins to finish off. To die for.

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Cute, cute, cute...the belt is my fav..

Nadya said...

I'm not very good at blogging on fashion, but I do love my accessories!!

buday said...

That’s my favorite belt! Well, not that but a similar one (in brown) from Mango. I love it because it’s very …uhh… forgiving --- a huge plus if I also had friends who can cook like that. :)

Anonymous said...

That bag is so classic and still very much current trend! I can't believe it was relegated to the back of your wardrobe! x

Nadya said...

Sayda, remember me buying that 10 years ago at House of Fraser in Nottingham?!
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails