Saturday 11 April 2009

Istanbul

Just back from Istanbul. I don't have time to write a full post on it right now, but I just wanted to take a couple of moments to say what an amazing city it turned out to be. The architecture, the food, the bazaars, the warm people, the east-west contrast - I can see why it has captured and inspired so many people. It really does live up to its hype in a way that I'm sure many other emblematic cities don't. I also have to say, how lucky I was to be travelling with Tore, who was the perfect host and showed me facets of the city I could never have hoped to see if I was travelling alone or as part of some package deal... He is also the cause of my blistered feet and limp, no - he didn't push me in front of a moving tram on Taksim - but he did insist that I see every site the city had to offer ;-) It was totally worth it.

As usual I didn't have a proper camera, but hopefully my 'guide and photographer' will email me the ones he took soon and I'll upload them.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails