Thursday 25 March 2010

Sevilla Sevilla


I've just got back from a work trip to Seville. The funny thing is, the last time I went to Seville, about 4 years ago, I came back wearing a diamond ring (long removed from my finger, that girl sure does seem like a stranger I met years ago :P). So despite this time being a flurry of author meetings and unglamourous school visits, for me Seville will always be pretty much the most romantic city in Spain :-) No precious stones this time, but plenty of amazing food and Sevillano warmth. Now, I know if anyone from elsewhere in Spain reads this they will be like 'Sevillano warmth??!!' Of course people accept that Sevillanos are friendly but also agree that said friendliness is Totally Fake. My answer to that would be I Don't Care!! (not sure I believe all those sweeping statements about people from different regions being true anyway) I'm not expecting them to let me in their caseta during the feria, it was just so nice to have people be helpful, smiling and take an interest and for taxi drivers, who are normally the bain of my life, to actually be nice. I can't claim to be an expert on where to eat there, but I can recommend one place I always go to for a plate of very good jamon and red wine: Casa Robles, right in the centre.

4 comments:

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

I love Sevilla... it was the first place i moved to after high school! :) I just posted about it last week! And I met true real life friends who are by my side ever since.... :)

Nadya said...

You're so lucky that you lived in Seville! And I'm glad that you also made friends there despite what Ipeople tell me about it being hard to do so! Viva Seville! x

Carrie said...

I just ate at that restaurant two weeks ago! My lunch consisted of the best fish casserole and view of La Giralda. Perfecto!

Nadya said...

I agree, Casa Robles is amazing! This is making me miss Seville again :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails