Monday 27 July 2009

Lobsters and weddings




...but not at the same time. I haven't written for a while as I've been sooo busy. Work has been non-stop travel for the past month; all this culminated last week with a 3 day delegados meeting trip to Vigo in the north of Spain, we worked hard but we also had fun eating mountains of seafood, sailing and generally enjoying the loveliness of the coastal hotel we stayed in. This jolly jaunt was immediately followed by my cousin's wedding in the UK - for the first time in my life possibly, I had a great time at a wedding; the bride looked just like a princess, the food was yummy, the setting gorgeous (see here), and most of all it was lovely to see my parents, brothers and sisters, cousins, uncles and aunts that I hadn't seen in far too long. I also did a short reading, which had many of us in tears, which is surely the aim of a good wedding reading?
So, now that the travel is on pause for a couple of weeks, what next? Well, celebrate my birthday on 3rd August, first with my lovely boyfriend in Barcelona and then with my lovely friends in Madrid. Hopefully do a bit of freelance editing and translation to boost my bank account for the changes to come, a couple more weeks in the office, then finally more travel, but this time in the shape of a holiday with S in Brazil, or maybe Greece, it's yet to be decided. All I know is that I'm truly ready to pack my bags and head off somewhere remote for a few weeks to see new things, try new food and above all relax.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails