- My 'new' kitchen is about to be ripped out and re-plumbed for the 4rth time in 2 years, because the house is basically an ancient leaky bucket
- I'm sick of stepping in dog poo every day
- The whole building is falling apart
- On weekend mornings you step out onto the streets to find all the wheely rubbish bins (and other unpleasant receptacles) have been emptied out onto the pavement by 'party goers' the night before.
- I'm scared of some of my neighbours
- I'm tired of being sexually harrassed by groups of layabouts on a twice daily basis (once on the way to work and once on the way back, and sometimes I actually avoid going out because of this, silly, I know)
- I don't want to queue up for my groceries any more with a load of junkies in Carrefour (no offence, but they are stinky and scary)
- I want to buy fruit and vegetables from shops where the produce isn't all mouldy
- I've had enough of people coming and doing a 2am botellon with accompanying serenade right under my balcony
- I am woken up my my neighbour 'doing it' very loudly on a regular basis (ok, this could happen anywhere, but the walls here are so thin that it sounds like they're actually in bed with me)
- I have to poison the flat with insecticide in order to not get 2 inch cockroaches as flatmates (I always look before I step, just in case)
- I could go on, but I won't
Ok, I feel a bit better now, just had to get that off my chest... The funny think is that lots of people (especially foreigners) really like Lavapies, but maybe that's because they don't live here or have different expectations to me?
Promise to be more cheerful next time.