Monday 23 March 2009

One year on

This is a post about not posting something. A year ago today something not-very-nice happened and I had this need to write something about it. I didn't want to write about it as it seemed cheesy and almost self-pitiful to do so, a cliché, but I reeeaally needed to. So, I wrote about it, and it felt good to do so. In fact, the post wasn't self-pitiful, it was even funny in places and was in some ways more about other people and humans in general than about myself. But the more I wrote, the more I had to say - it started to turn into an essay instead of a short, conversational blog post. In fact I had so much to say that I couldn't even finish it. And the very act of writing it, somehow dulled the necessity to publish it. So for the moment I'll leave it, maybe never touch it again, or perhaps go back and write more if I feel the urge. The main thing is that, overall, despite and because of many things that did and didn't happen I'm still very happy :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails