Sunday 11 May 2008

House proud

It's been a low-key weekend so far. Walks, cups of tea, 'pottering'... The weather is awful, which I'm secretly happy about- as I don't wan't to miss on the balmy summer evenings, and I feel that the BP does make me miss out somehow... I don't enjoy things quite as much. Carlos and Christina came round for tea and snacks last night, they bought a lovely plant (not sure what it is, some kind of Begonia? Really I'm useless with these things) here it is anyway...



When I woke up this morning and went out onto the balcony to see how many drunks there were left over passed out from the night's shennanigans (spelling?) I got a nice surprise. A group of people were setting up flower stalls and hanging bunting on my street. Perhaps it's something to do with the upcoming San Isidro festival on the 15th?


When people come round (like last night) it's a great excuse to tidy up and take some photos of the house- which is just what I did yesterday, so here they are...

I confess to not tidying the kitchen in case you're wondering why it's covered with junk.

I've included this next one because I'm disproportionatly proud of this gingham velro-on cover I made for the storage cubby. I'm easily pleased...

Thr only positive thing about being under the weather is that people buy you flowers :-) I bought these myself though!!




My flat, like most people is far more photogenic at twilight...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did u get that bookcase from? I'd really like to buy a similar one! Your apartment's lovely, btw.

Nadya said...

Hi! Glad you like the apartment - it's a bit of a mess today! Don't know if you're based in Spain, but I got the bookcase from a shop here called Musgo about 2 years ago http://musgo.com/es. Nadya

Related Posts with Thumbnails