Saturday 19 April 2008

The flat

Well, here I am recovering (I hope) from Bell's Palsy, 4 weeks now and no real discernible change... Fingers crossed something will happen soon. The only advantage to this whole nightmare is that I've had plenty of time at home, so I've had the chance to settle back into the flat and make it look all nice and cosy... So I've gotten rid of a load of cumbersome junk, which of course makes room for new junk! As I'm working from home, I've set up a little office space in the corner of the living room, and all I need is a work chair, but being being me I want the perfect chair! (I currently have an obsession about Danish furniture from the 50's so something that looked like either of the ones below would be great)




Carl Jacobs Jason chair - I want it for my desk!
The Hans Wegner round chair would also do quite nicely...
Had a very nasty surprise when I went into the kitchen this morning to make a cup of tea. A massive c-o-c-k-r-o-a-c-h lying on its back wriggling in the throes of death. I think the only reason it came in was because I've set loads of traps 'just in case' - the weather's not even hot, I can't believe it set foot in the house (which is spotless at the moment), it was gross. I hope it's a one-off., I couldn't even bring myself to pick up it's dead body, euugghhhh!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails