Monday 12 January 2009

New year, new resolutions

Every year around this time I ask myself the same things. Shall I bother to make any new year's resolutions? (Yes, but, no but, yes... but), Will I be able to keep them (the majority, no), Why is this time of year any better than the rest to make promises to oneself? (It isn't), Will I feel shitty if I dont keep them (Yes, a little)....... arghh. Anyway, as with every other year for at least the past 19 (you do the maths ;-)) my answer is yes to a little self-improvement (I wonder if my embarkment on a lifetime yearly 'must be better' projects coincides with when I first read Cosmopolitan??).

So, here they are (at least the non-embarrassing ones) in no particular order:
1. Make as much recovery as possible from 'you know what', do all the exercises, all the time.
2. Be organised, don't procrastinate, just do it.
3. Be more careful with money.
4. Phone my family more (whilst at the same time paying heed to resolution Nº 3!).
5. Here is the space for some career-related resolution which hasn't been decided upon but would probably be unpublishable anyway.
6. Keep fit. This one comes up every year on everyone's lists I would imagine, but I'm hoping that this year will be different as for the first time I don't want to exercise to look good, but instead to avoid having a heart attack at some point (a bit alarmist, I admit).

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails