Monday 7 June 2010

The best bronzer

(In my humble opinion). I'm a bit of a bronzer junkie, nothing can quite give that sunkissed glow, other than...er...sun. I've tried a whole load of them over the years from bargain Loreal to Bobbi Brown, but the one I swear by is Guerlain's Terracotta - I had heard so much about this almost mythical product that I thought it was sure to disappoint, but alas, the hype is true, it really is great. First it's super long-lasting (and makeup just drops off my face normally so that's saying something), the compact lasts for ages too -  which is just as well at that price, but I've had mine for over a year now with daily use and it still has quite a bit in it, I also love this product as it's really hard to overdo it - you can build it up layer by layer to create the effect you want, and lastly it has the perfect balance of matte and sparkly, i.e. not too sparkly for daytime and not muddy opaque either. On the downside, although hard to think of one, perhaps the compact could be a little more eye-catching, though personally I like the classic tortoiseshell look. In terms of colour, I'm quite dark and it works well on me, though they have 6 shades in the range so I'm sure there's something for everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails