Tuesday 3 February 2009

Going ethnic

I've had the same Chinese and Japanese recipe books sitting on my shelves for several years now, and whilst I love to flick through them I have to admit that I've never cooked a single recipe... I put that down to intimidation (at least in the beginning), and then I decided that nothing I could cook would be anywhere near as good as a decent restaurant (probably true), and when I finally decided to go oriental I was living in Spain where ethnic foods tend to be scarce and overpriced. Well, taking a different route home the other day I stumbled accross an enormous Chinese supermarket selling everyting from bamboo steamers and bok choi to edamame beans - sooo, no more excuses... (like a true blogger, here is where I take photos of things 'artfully' arranged in my kitchen)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails